Dans le Noir ? Melbourne & Vision Australia host an auction in the dark to raise funds for the blind and low vision community
The global phenomenon “Dans le Noir ?” Dining in the Dark restaurant in Melbourne in partnership with Vision Australia, the leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia will host a special fundraising event like no other on Wednesday July 25th, 2018.
Guests are invited to be part of a unique event in pitch darkness organised by the non-for-profit organisation and the restaurant to support the blind and low vision community.
Already experienced by 1.5 million people across the world, Dans le Noir ? offers an amazing sensory, social and human experience. For this special evening, guests will have a three-course surprise dinner with matched wines in complete darkness, and will be served and guided by the visually impaired team of Dans le Noir ? at The Como Melbourne. This innovative project allows us to highlight Vision Australia’s support in assisting Dans le Noir? at The Como Melbourne to hire our blind and low vision employees, enabling them to successfully fulfil their positions as official Dans le Noir ? hosts.
During this evening, unique activities will be organised to awaken diner’s senses as well as the all important auction in the dark to raise necessary funds to further enhance employment services for those with blindness and low vision.
- Fundraising in the Dark on July 25th, 2018 at 6:30pm
- $145 for a three courses surprise menu with 3 matched wines (All allergies and/or food restrictions can be catered)
- Book at http://bit.ly/visionaustraliadininginthedark
- Address: Dans le Noir ? at The Como Melbourne, 630 Chapel Street, South Yarra
- Regular opening days: Thursday to Saturday evenings from 6:30pm